Current:Home > InvestTaylor Swift Meets With Families Affected by Stabbing Attack at Event in England -Prime Capital Blueprint
Taylor Swift Meets With Families Affected by Stabbing Attack at Event in England
Robert Brown View
Date:2025-04-06 18:53:26
Taylor Swift is spending time with a meaningful group of people.
Weeks after a stabbing attack at an event themed around the Grammy winner’s music in Southport, England, left three children dead and 10 others injured, she made sure to do something special for the families.
During her Eras Tour shows in London on Aug. 15 and 16, Swift visited individuals affected by the tragedy, posing for photos as seen in images shared to social media.
In the wake of the attack, the 34-year-old had shared a message expressing her grief.
“The horror of yesterday’s attack in Southport is washing over me continuously, and I’m just completely in shock…” Swift wrote on her July 30 Instagram Story. “The loss of life and innocence, and the horrendous trauma inflicted on everyone who was there, the families, and first responders.”
She continued, “These were just little kids at a dance class. I am at a complete loss for how to ever convey my sympathies to these families.”
On July 30, local Merseyside police confirmed Bebe King, 6, Elsie Dot Stancombe, 7, and Alice Dasilva Aguiar, 9, had died following the stabbing attack, which had left a number of other adults and children in critical condition.
Days later, it was confirmed that 17-year-old Axel Rudakubana had been the individual arrested in connection to the attack—authorities had previously kept his identity a secret due to his being underage, however following his first appearance in court Aug. 1, during which he did not speak, presiding judge Andrew Menary did not impose any reporting restrictions on his identity.
Rudakubana was charged with three counts of murder, 10 counts of attempted murder and one count of possession of a bladed article in connection to the attack. He has not yet entered a plea, and instead do so on October 25, the current date for his trial preparation hearing. His trial is tentatively scheduled to begin January 20.
During the Aug. 1 hearing, Judge Menary did not set bail, telling Rudakubana, according to Liverpool Echo, "You are remanded into youth accommodation detention until proceedings are completed. I am not granting you bail today."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (19)
Related
- Could Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft reunite? Maybe in Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2026 class
- Federal judge says California’s capital city can’t clear homeless camps during extreme heat
- What to wear hiking: Expert tips on what to bring (and wear) on your next hike
- Swarms of birds will fly over the US soon. Explore BirdCast's new migration tool to help you prepare.
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Sweet Notes From Nieces Dream Kardashian & Chicago West
- Elon Musk says his fight against Mark Zuckerberg will stream on X — but Zuck claps back
- A new clue to the reason some people come down with long COVID
- Cost of Missouri abortion-rights petition challenged in court again
- US wholesale inflation accelerated in November in sign that some price pressures remain elevated
- $1.55 billion Mega Millions prize balloons as 31 drawings pass without a winner
Ranking
- Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
- Let’s Make a Deal Host Wayne Brady Comes Out as Pansexual
- Daniel Penny defense fund raises millions -- and alarm bells for some
- Ex-student accused in California stabbing deaths is mentally unfit for trial
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Rapper Tory Lanez is expected to be sentenced on day two of hearing in Megan Thee Stallion shooting
- Mexico finds 491 migrants in vacant lot en route to U.S. — and 277 of them are children
- Yellow trucking company that got $700 million pandemic bailout files for bankruptcy
Recommendation
Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
'A full-time job': Oregon mom's record-setting breastmilk production helps kids worldwide
Pet alligator in 'deplorable' state rescued by landscapers from creek in Pennsylvania
Chris Noth breaks silence on abuse allegations: 'I'm not going to lay down and just say it's over'
Travis Hunter, the 2
As the East Coast braces for severe thunderstorms, record heat sears the South
Former Georgia lieutenant governor says he received grand jury subpoena
South Korea begins evacuating thousands of global Scouts from its coast as a tropical storm nears