Current:Home > StocksSuspect in Oakland store killing is 13-year-old boy who committed another armed robbery, police say -Prime Capital Blueprint
Suspect in Oakland store killing is 13-year-old boy who committed another armed robbery, police say
Indexbit View
Date:2025-04-06 20:11:56
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A juvenile suspect in the January killing of a liquor store owner is a 13-year-old boy who allegedly committed another armed robbery 40 minutes later in Oakland, California, police said.
The unnamed boy, an Oakland resident who turns 14 in July, is charged with murder and attempted robbery in the Jan. 6 fatal shooting of Maged Alazzani, 46, at the Orlando Market, officials said.
Investigators believe the boy went on to commit another armed robbery at a convenience store less than an hour later, and he’s also suspected in a robbery at a Target outlet in nearby Emeryville the following day, the Bay Area News Group reported Saturday.
Alazzani was shot in the chest and investigators believe it was the 13-year-old who killed the father of four.
The juvenile was arrested in February. Detectives were searching for a possible male accomplice in all three robberies, police said.
veryGood! (3721)
Related
- What to watch: O Jolie night
- What caused an Alaskan glacier to cause major flooding near Juneau
- Jamie Foxx apologizes after post interpreted as antisemitic: 'That was never my intent'
- Cambodia’s king appoints army chief Hun Manet as successor to his father, long-ruling Hun Sen
- Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
- Simone Biles wins U.S. Classic, her first gymnastics competition in 2 years
- Minnesota 14-year-old arrested in shooting death of 12-year-old
- Israel kills 3 suspected Palestinian militants as West Bank violence shows no signs of slowing
- Bodycam footage shows high
- Step up Your Style With This $38 Off the Shoulder Jumpsuit That Has 34,200+ 5-Star Amazon Reviews
Ranking
- Bodycam footage shows high
- Horoscopes Today, August 5, 2023
- Niger’s junta shuts airspace, accuses nations of plans to invade as regional deadline passes
- Simone Biles is trying to enjoy the moment after a two-year break. The Olympic talk can come later
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- Tired of Losing Things All the Time? Get 45% Off Tile Bluetooth Trackers
- Lionel Messi, Inter Miami face FC Dallas in Leagues Cup Round of 16: How to stream
- Possible explosion at Sherwin-Williams plant in Texas, police say
Recommendation
Intellectuals vs. The Internet
California authorities capture suspects in break-ins at Lake Tahoe homes: a mama bear and three cubs
Man whose body was found in a barrel in Malibu had been shot in the head, coroner says
Is 2023 the summer of strikes for US workers? Here’s what the data says.
Military service academies see drop in reported sexual assaults after alarming surge
Is 2023 the summer of strikes for US workers? Here’s what the data says.
Penguins acquire 3-time Norris Trophy-winning defenseman Erik Karlsson in a trade with the Sharks
‘Barbie’ joins $1 billion club, breaks another record for female directors