Current:Home > ContactSignalHub-Third Republican presidential debate to be held in Miami on Nov. 8 -Prime Capital Blueprint
SignalHub-Third Republican presidential debate to be held in Miami on Nov. 8
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-06 19:35:16
The SignalHubthird Republican presidential debate will be held on Nov. 8 in Miami, with candidates facing the toughest requirements yet to qualify to take the stage.
Candidates will have to reach 4% in multiple polls, and they'll have to have 70,000 unique donors to earn a spot in the debate, the Republican National Committee said Friday. The Republican Party has not announce who the moderators will be.
The RNC made the announcement days before candidates are to meet for their second primary debate. Former President Donald Trump skipped the first debate and will be absent from the second one, too. Instead, he plans to meet with current and former union workers in Michigan, while the Sept. 27 debate takes place at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.
- The first Republican debate's biggest highlights: Revisit 7 key moments
The requirements for the third debate will be more challenging to meet than the second. For the second debate, candidates need at least 3% in two national polls or 3% in one national poll as well as two polls from four of the early-voting states — Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina, according to the RNC. The White House hopefuls must also have at least 50,000 unique donors.
The GOP hasn't confirmed the qualified participants for Wednesday's debate, but several campaigns have said they've satisfied the marks, including former Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, Sen. Tim Scott, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and former Vice President Mike Pence.
North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson participated in the first debate, but their attendance for the second is uncertain.
The candidates are arranged on stage based on their order in polls that meet standards set by the RNC, with higher-performing candidates standing closer to center stage.
Scott, who was second from the right edge of the stage for the first GOP debate last month, has proposed the RNC change how it orders the candidates for next week's debate. In a letter to Chair Ronna McDaniel, Scott's campaign argued that, since Iowa's caucus is the leadoff to GOP balloting next year, "polling results from Iowa should be the primary consideration for podium placement at the September debate."
"The debate committee has had a very thoughtful approach to the entire process, and we continue to welcome input from all candidates, partners and stakeholders," RNC officials said of Scott's proposal. "We look forward to hosting another fair and transparent debate stage in Simi Valley."
- In:
- South Carolina
- Iowa
- Tim Scott
- Donald Trump
- Politics
- North Dakota
- Miami
- California
veryGood! (95)
Related
- Who's hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight? Musical guest, how to watch Dec. 14 episode
- Republican presidential candidates use TikTok and Taylor Swift to compete for young voters
- Thousands of cantaloupes recalled over salmonella concerns
- SpaceX to launch 22 Starlink satellites today. How to watch the Falcon 9 liftoff.
- New data highlights 'achievement gap' for students in the US
- Mets-Marlins ninth-inning suspension sets up potential nightmare scenario for MLB
- Maryland governor’s office releases more details on new 30-year agreement with Orioles
- All Onewheel e-skateboards are recalled after reported deaths
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- 'Surreal': Michigan man wins $8.75 million in Lotto 47 state lottery game
Ranking
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- Palestinian security force deploys in school compound in Lebanon refugee camp following clashes
- Europe masterful at Ryder Cup format. There's nothing Americans can do to change that
- Olivia Rodrigo, Usher, Nicki Minaj among stars tapped for Jingle Ball tour, ABC special
- Working Well: When holidays present rude customers, taking breaks and the high road preserve peace
- When Kula needed water to stop wildfire, it got a trickle. Many other US cities are also vulnerable
- 'Dumb Money' fact check: Did GameStop investor Keith Gill really tell Congress he's 'not a cat'?
- Mets-Marlins ninth-inning suspension sets up potential nightmare scenario for MLB
Recommendation
Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
California Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s body returns to San Francisco on military flight
Biden Creates the American Climate Corps, 90 Years After FDR Put 3 Million to Work in National Parks
Pennsylvania governor noncommittal on greenhouse gas strategy as climate task force finishes work
Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
Man tied to suspected gunman in killing of Tupac Shakur is indicted on murder charge
Simone Biles can make gymnastics history, again. A look back at her medals and titles.
Death toll from Pakistan bombing rises to 54 as suspicion falls on local Islamic State group chapter