Current:Home > InvestVin Diesel to stay with 'Fast and Furious' franchise after sexual assault lawsuit -Prime Capital Blueprint
Vin Diesel to stay with 'Fast and Furious' franchise after sexual assault lawsuit
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 17:19:55
Vin Diesel's "Fast and Furious" ride isn't over.
Diesel took to Instagram in his first public remarks about his role in the action movie series since a former assistant accused him of sexual assault in a December lawsuit. He said the "Fast" franchise writers and production team's excitement for the saga's final film was "incredibly powerful" in an Instagram post Friday.
"While everyone was heading into the weekend amped and excited, I thought of you all… reminded of the countless moments when your enthusiasm and passion became the driving force behind our creative journey," Vin Diesel said.
"Fast 11" follows last year's "Fast X," the film's tenth movie which starred Vin Diesel as Dominic "Dom" Torreto opposite Jason Momoa. "Fast 11" will mark the final installment in the beloved movie franchise.
"Your commitment to our saga has had a unique impact on its success and evolution… as my youngest daughter would say, it’s profound," the father of three told his 102 million Instagram followers.
Vin Diesel thanked "Fast and Furious" fans for their support in the statement.
"This grand finale is not just an ending; it’s a celebration of the incredible family we’ve built together," he said.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson declares endto Vin Diesel feud, will appear in next 'Fast and Furious'
Vin Diesel lawsuit alleges actor sexually assaulted assistant in 2010 during 'Fast Five' filming
In December, Vin Diesel's former assistant Asta Jonasson alleges that the actor sexually assaulted her the fall of 2010 during the filming of "Fast Five" in a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles in December, according to documents obtained by USA TODAY.
According to the lawsuit, Jonasson was hired by the actor's production company One Race to work for him in various capacities, including organizing and accompanying Diesel to parties and ensuring she was nearby in photos if the actor attended events without his longtime girlfriend.
"We are proud to represent Ms. Jonasson and hold accountable Vin Diesel and those who allowed and covered up his sexual assault. The law exists to protect those who have been wronged, no matter how powerful or famous the defendant is. Sexual harassment in the workplace will never stop if powerful men are protected from accountability," a lawyer from Greenberg Gross, the firm representing Jonasson, said in a statement.
"This is the first he has ever heard about this more than 13-year-old claim made by a purportedly 9-day employee," Freedman said in a statement. "There is clear evidence which completely refutes these outlandish allegations.”
Contributing: Melissa Ruggieri, Bryan Alexander
veryGood! (346)
Related
- Tree trimmer dead after getting caught in wood chipper at Florida town hall
- Testimony at Sen. Bob Menendez’s bribery trial focuses on his wife’s New Jersey home
- Still unsure about college? It's not too late to apply for scholarships or even school.
- 'We've been losing for 20 years': Timberwolves finally shedding history of futility
- Person accused of accosting Rep. Nancy Mace at Capitol pleads not guilty to assault charge
- Disneyland character performers at Southern California park vote to unionize
- Why Eva Longoria Says Her 5-Year-Old Son Santiago Is Very Bougie
- Xander Schauffele's first major makes a satisfying finish to a bizarre PGA Championship
- Grammy nominee Teddy Swims on love, growth and embracing change
- MLB power rankings: Kansas City Royals rise from the ashes after decade of darkness
Ranking
- McKinsey to pay $650 million after advising opioid maker on how to 'turbocharge' sales
- 16 family members hit by same car, 2 dead, Michigan hit-and-run driver arrested
- When is the U.S. Open? Everything you need to know about golf's third major of the season
- Uber and Lyft say they’ll stay in Minnesota after Legislature passes driver pay compromise
- Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
- Judge rules Ohio law that keeps cities from banning flavored tobacco is unconstitutional
- Off-duty police officer injured in shooting in Washington, DC
- Hiker dies after falling from trail in Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge, officials say
Recommendation
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Jim Parsons’ Dramatic Response to Potential Big Bang Theory Sequel Defies the Laws of Physics
Billionaire rains cash on UMass graduates to tune of $1,000 each, but says they must give half away
Score 50% Off Banana Republic, 50% Off Old Navy, 50% Off Pottery Barn, 50% Off MAC Cosmetics & More Deals
Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
California county’s farm bureau sues over state monitoring of groundwater
A baby is shot, a man dies and a fire breaks out: What to know about the Arizona standoff
Woman pleads guilty to shooting rural Pennsylvania prosecutor, sentenced to several years in prison