Current:Home > NewsEchoSense:Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Homes Are Raided by Federal Agents -Prime Capital Blueprint
EchoSense:Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Homes Are Raided by Federal Agents
Will Sage Astor View
Date:2025-04-06 18:16:41
Sean "Diddy" Combs' homes are EchoSenseunder inspection.
Authorities conducted a raid of two of the rapper's multi-million dollar mansions on March 25, multiple sources confirmed to NBC News.
During the raid, federal investigators from Homeland Security executed search warrants ordered by the Southern District of New York at Combs' home in Los Angeles, as well as at a Miami property belonging to the music mogul, per the outlet.
"Earlier today, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New York executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners," a rep from Homeland Security Investigations said in a March 25 statement to E! News. "We will provide further information as it becomes available."
E! News reached out to Combs' rep for comment but has not heard back.
A source familiar with the investigation told NBC News the inspection of Combs' properties may be connected to a federal investigation related to allegations of sex-trafficking, sexual assault and the solicitation and distribution of illegal narcotics and firearms, after three lawsuits were filed against the 54-year-old back in November. Since the investigation started, three women and a man have been interviewed in Manhattan about the accusations and three more interviews have been scheduled, according to the source.
The musician—who has also gone by the names Love, P. Diddy and Puff Daddy—denied the accusations last year.
"The claims involving alleged misconduct against Mr. Combs from over 30 years ago and filed at the last minute are all completely denied and rejected by him," a spokesperson for Combs told E! News Nov. 23 in response to the wave of lawsuits. "He recognizes this as a money grab. Because of Mr. Combs' fame and success, he is an easy target for accusers who will falsify the truth, without conscience or consequence, for financial benefit."
The federal inquiry into Combs' homes also arrives four months after the Bad Boy Records founder—who is father to kids Quincy Taylor Brown, 32, Justin Combs, 29, Christian Combs, 25, Chance Combs, 17, twins D'Lila and Jessie Combs, 16, and Love Sean Combs, 15 months—reached a settlement with his ex-girlfriend Cassie over her lawsuit accusing him of rape and abuse.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie—full name Cassandra Ventura—said in a Nov. 17 statement to NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Combs—who denied all of the "Me & U" singer's allegations—also released a statement following the settlement, saying the former couple, who split in 2018, had "decided to resolve this matter amicably."
He added, "I wish Cassie and her family the best."
(E! News and NBC News are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (144)
Related
- Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
- Oscars 2023: Everything You Didn't See on TV
- Nicole Kidman's All-Black Oscars 2023 Look Just May Be Our Undoing
- The creator of 'Stardew Valley' announces his spooky new game: 'Haunted Chocolatier'
- How to watch the 'Blue Bloods' Season 14 finale: Final episode premiere date, cast
- White House brings together 30 nations to combat ransomware
- Archeologists in Italy unearth ancient dolphin statuette
- Ancient scoreboard used during Mayan ball game discovered by archaeologists
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- Unpopular plan to raise France's retirement age from 62 to 64 approved by Constitutional Council
Ranking
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- 3 Sherpa climbers missing on Mount Everest after falling into crevasse
- Facebook asks court to toss FTC lawsuit over its buys of Instagram and WhatsApp
- How Halle Berry and Jessica Chastain Replaced Will Smith for This Oscars 2023 Moment After 10-Year Ban
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- Huge policing operation planned for coronation of King Charles
- Nicole Kidman's All-Black Oscars 2023 Look Just May Be Our Undoing
- The metaverse is already here. The debate now is over who should own it
Recommendation
Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
Hunting sunken treasure from a legendary shipwreck
Facebook's new whistleblower is renewing scrutiny of the social media giant
Mexico's president slams U.S. spying after 28 Sinaloa cartel members charged, including sons of El Chapo
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Jack Dorsey steps down as Twitter CEO; Parag Agrawal succeeds him
Elizabeth Holmes testifies about alleged sexual and emotional abuse at fraud trial
Meryl Streep Takes Center Stage in Only Murders in the Building Season 3 Teaser