Current:Home > StocksMan gets 142 years for 2017 stabbing deaths of Fort Wayne couple -Prime Capital Blueprint
Man gets 142 years for 2017 stabbing deaths of Fort Wayne couple
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 00:15:42
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — A judge has sentenced a Fort Wayne man to 142 years in prison for the 2017 stabbing deaths of a couple.
Allen Superior Court Judge Fran Gull sentenced Dustin Neal, 36, on Friday for the slayings of 25 year-old Noele Trice and 29-year-old Bryan Lash on June 10, 2017, WPTA-TV reported. A jury last month found him guilty of two counts each of murder, felony murder and robbery resulting in serious bodily injury.
Trice’s mother, Kimberly Gomez, told Gull she’s had to stay strong for others affected by the couple’s deaths and hasn’t had time to properly grieve the loss of her daughter. Gomez is now raising the couple’s son, King.
“We will continue to keep their memories alive,” Gomez said.
Phone messages seeking comment on the sentence were left for Neal’s public defenders.
Trice and Lash were found dead the morning after hosting a party that Neal attended, court documents said.
Cellphone analysis and a partial fingerprint on Trice’s cellphone led to Neal’s arrest in December 2022.
Police and an FBI agent conducted an analysis of Neal’s cellphone that showed it pinged off a cell site near the victims’ home on the morning of the slayings despite his contention he had not returned to the home after leaving the party, documents said.
A new witness told police in October that Neal was bragging about committing the murders, saying he had broke into the couple’s home to steal marijuana but Lash woke up during the burglary.
veryGood! (235)
Related
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- 5 people shot in Illinois neighborhood and 2 are in critical condition
- Andrew Lester in court, charged with shooting Black teen Ralph Yarl for ringing doorbell
- The US is against a plan set for 2024 to retrieve items from the Titanic wreckage
- At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
- Death of woman following attacks on North Carolina power stations ruled a homicide
- Milwaukee man charged for allegedly striking and injuring police officer with vehicle during arrest
- When can you buy the new iPhone 15? Apple announces release date for iPhones, watches
- NHL in ASL returns, delivering American Sign Language analysis for Deaf community at Winter Classic
- Inmate gives birth alone in Tennessee jail cell after seeking medical help
Ranking
- Global Warming Set the Stage for Los Angeles Fires
- UK defense secretary is resigning after 4 years in the job
- Newsom plans to transform San Quentin State Prison. Lawmakers and the public have had little input
- Iraq court sentences 5 people to life in prison in killing of US citizen, officials say
- Military service academies see drop in reported sexual assaults after alarming surge
- An AI quadcopter has beaten human champions at drone racing
- Manchin and his daughter pitching donors on a centrist political group, source says
- Ohio governor reconvenes panel to redraw unconstitutional Statehouse maps
Recommendation
Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
California prison on generator power after wildfires knock out electricity and fill cells with smoke
Stock market today: Asian markets lower after Japanese factory activity and China services weaken
Top prosecutors from 14 states back compensation for those sickened by US nuclear weapons testing
Travis Hunter, the 2
Howie Mandel defends his shot at Sofía Vergara's single status: 'It's open season, people!'
Trump enters not guilty plea in Georgia election interference case
Biden to send $95 million to Maui to strengthen electrical grid, disaster prevention