Current:Home > NewsEzra Miller Breaks Silence After "Egregious" Protective Order Is Lifted -Prime Capital Blueprint
Ezra Miller Breaks Silence After "Egregious" Protective Order Is Lifted
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 00:22:49
Ezra Miller is speaking out following the recent expiration of a temporary harassment order that was issued against them over allegations of inappropriate behavior toward a minor, which the Flash movie star's lawyer has denied.
The order was lifted June 30, a year after it was issued by a judge, as seen in court documents posted by Deadline. In her 2022 filing, a Massachusetts woman accused Miller of acting inappropriately toward her child, now 12, and also harassing the family, the Daily Beast had reported.
"I'm encouraged by today's outcome and very grateful at this moment to everyone who has stood beside me and sought to ensure that this egregious misuse of the protection order was halted," Miller said in a statement posted to Instagram June 30, adding that they "have been unjustly and directly targeted."
The Fantastic Beasts star, who sought mental health treatment last year amid a series of legal issues, also wrote, "On a personal note, I want everyone to know that I am continuing to do my best to preserve my own wellness and what I can to reverse the collateral damage this ordeal has brought upon me and those close to me."
Miller continued, "Finally, to all you many beings in this world who have had the enormous courage to see me through it all and make it here with me—I will spend a long time trying to explain to you what it has meant to have your support. You have my undying gratitude, admiration and love."
No criminal charges were ever filed in the case and Miller's attorney, Marissa Elkins, told Deadline in a statement that the original order "was based on untrue allegations" and that her client was "never alone with the child and never interacted with the child outside of two brief encounters which occurred in the presence of several other adults."
The lawyer added that Miller had three encounters with the mother, which were "entirely initiated by her, exceedingly brief, and absolutely did not involve any inappropriate interaction with her child." The accuser has not commented on the lifting of the order.
Elkins also told Deadline that the woman "lodged her false allegations at a time when Ezra was struggling with significant mental health issues, and was unable to come to court to defend themself against the spurious claims made by this individual."
Last August, two months after the protective order was filed, Miller wrote on Instagram, "Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment. I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (1)
Related
- Sam Taylor
- Did 'The Simpsons' predict Apple's Vision Pro? Product is eerily similar to fictional device
- Ex-QB Art Schlichter pulled over, hands officer crack pipe while on probation, police say
- Recalled applesauce pouches likely contained lead due to a single cinnamon processor the FDA just identified
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- Treasury rolls out residential real estate transparency rules to combat money laundering
- Taylor Swift doesn't want people tracking her private jet. Here's why it's legal.
- Stock market today: Asian shares are mostly higher as S&P 500 nears the 5,000 level for the 1st time
- Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
- U.S. kills senior leader of Iran-backed Kataib Hezbollah in strike in Iraq, says senior U.S. official
Ranking
- Why Sean "Diddy" Combs Is Being Given a Laptop in Jail Amid Witness Intimidation Fears
- 'It’s Coca-Cola, only spiced': New Coke flavor with hints of raspberry and spice unveiled
- Recalled applesauce pouches likely contained lead due to a single cinnamon processor the FDA just identified
- Idaho death row inmate nearing execution wants a new clemency hearing. The last one ended in a tie
- Trump suggestion that Egypt, Jordan absorb Palestinians from Gaza draws rejections, confusion
- GOP says Biden has all the power he needs to control the border. The reality is far more complicated
- Gov. Lamont gives upbeat assessment of Connecticut as pro-Palestinian protesters disrupt opening day
- Kentucky lawmakers dine with homeless people as they consider creating unlawful camping offense
Recommendation
A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. teaming up to create a new sports streaming service
Disney to invest $1.5 billion in ‘Fortnite’ maker Epic Games to create games, entertainment
Inside a Gaza hospital as U.S. doctors help carry out a small miracle to save a young life shattered by war
Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
Truck crashes into New Mexico gas station causing fiery explosion: Watch dramatic video
NFL, NBA caught by surprise on mega sports streaming service announcement
Military helicopter missing with 5 US Marines on board after leaving Nevada