Current:Home > reviewsRekubit Exchange:Royal Family Website Updates Line of Succession to Include Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet's Titles -Prime Capital Blueprint
Rekubit Exchange:Royal Family Website Updates Line of Succession to Include Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet's Titles
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-06 18:03:05
Ready for some royally big news?Rekubit Exchange
The royal family's official website has updated the line of succession to include the titles of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's children Archie Harrison, 3, and Lilibet "Lili" Diana, 21 months.
While the children were previously listed as Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor and Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor, their names now appear as Prince Archie of Sussex and Princess Lilibet of Sussex.
Lilibet and Archie were actually given their titles when their grandfather, King Charles III, became monarch in September.
"The children's titles have been a birthright since their grandfather became Monarch," a spokesperson for Harry and Meghan told E! News March 9. "This matter has been settled for some time in alignment with Buckingham Palace."
However, fans recently spotted the formal update after a rep for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed that the couple's daughter had been christened during a ceremony in California.
"I can confirm that Princess Lilibet Diana was christened on Friday, March 3," the rep told E! News, "by the Archbishop of Los Angeles, the Rev John Taylor."
A source familiar with the matter told E! News the small, intimate ceremony took place at Harry and Meghan's home in Montecito—where they've lived for the past two years after stepping back as working members of the royal family—and that King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla, Prince William and Kate Middleton were invited to the christening but did not attend. E! News reached out to the Palace for comment but did not hear back.
It's unclear at the moment if Harry and Meghan will attend the king's coronation in May. Although a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed to the Associated Press on March 5 that Harry had received "email correspondence" from the monarch's office about the event, noting, "An immediate decision on whether the Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time."
Harry had previously discussed the matter during a January interview with ITV.
"There's a lot that can happen between now and then," he said. "But, you know, the door is always open. The ball is in their court. There's a lot to be discussed and I really hope that they're willing to sit down and talk about it."
Get the latest tea from inside the palace walls. Sign up for Royal Recap!veryGood! (51235)
Related
- Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
- File-transfer software data breach affected 1.3M individuals, says Maine officials
- EU plan aimed at fighting climate change to go to final votes, even if watered down
- If you think Airbnb, Vrbo are cheaper than hotels, you might want to think again!
- The Best Stocking Stuffers Under $25
- Britney Spears' Mom Lynne Spears Sends Singer Public Message Over Memoir Allegations
- Mississippi attorney general asks state Supreme Court to set execution dates for 2 prisoners
- The Truth About Reese Witherspoon and Kevin Costner's Relationship Status
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- Apple to pay $25 million to settle allegations of discriminatory hiring practices in 2018, 2019
Ranking
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- Sheryl Crow, Mickey Guyton to honor Tanya Tucker, Patti LaBelle on CMT's 'Smashing Glass'
- Virginia school system says ongoing claim of sex assaults on school grounds was fabricated
- Alanis Morissette and Joan Jett are going on tour: How to get your tickets
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Israel-Hamas war leaves thousands of Palestinians in Gaza facing death by starvation, aid group warns
- San Francisco bidding to reverse image of a city in decline as host of APEC trade summit
- How American Girl dolls became a part of American culture — problems and all
Recommendation
'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
Ryan Gosling Is Just a Grammy Nominee
Why Travis Kelce Was MIA From Taylor Swift’s First Eras Tour Stop in Argentina
Illinois lawmakers OK new nuclear technology but fail to extend private-school scholarships
Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
Imprisoned Algerian journalist remains behind bars despite expected release
Tracy Chapman wins CMA award for Fast Car 35 years after it was released with Luke Combs cover
AP Week in Pictures: North America