Current:Home > ContactTrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-Steve Buscemi is 'OK' after actor was attacked during walk in New York City -Prime Capital Blueprint
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-Steve Buscemi is 'OK' after actor was attacked during walk in New York City
EchoSense Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 00:21:02
Steve Buscemi was the victim of an assault in New York City earlier this week,TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center a representative for the actor has confirmed.
The "Boardwalk Empire" star was attacked during a walk in the Kips Bay neighborhood of NYC on Wednesday, Buscemi's publicist told USA TODAY in an email Sunday. Buscemi was punched in the face by an unidentified individual.
"Steve Buscemi was assaulted in midtown Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city," the representative said. "He is OK and appreciates everyone's well wishes, though incredibly sad for everyone that this has happened to while also walking the streets of (New York)."
Buscemi's assailant fled the scene and has yet to be apprehended by authorities, police told the New York Post. The actor was reportedly taken to the hospital following the attack and treated for "swelling to his face and left eye."
USA TODAY reached out to the New York City Police Department for comment.
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
‘It’s still with me':Steve Buscemi talks trauma of volunteering at Ground Zero on 9/11
Steve Buscemi's co-star Michael Stuhlbarg also reportedly attacked in New York City
Michael Stuhlbarg, who starred with Buscemi on the HBO crime drama "Boardwalk Empire," was allegedly the victim of an assault in New York City in late March.
Police responded to an assault in progress on March 31 after a 55-year-old man was walking near 90th Street and East Drive when "he was struck in the head by an unknown object," the New York City Police Department confirmed in a statement to USA TODAY at the time.
Reports from CNN and The New York Times identified the victim as Stuhlbarg.
Michael Stuhlbarg assaulted:Actor attacked with a rock in New York City, performs on Broadway the next day
Authorities said a preliminary investigation determined that a 27-year-old man, identified as Xavier Israel, threw a rock at Stuhlbarg, which struck him in the back of the neck and caused an abrasion. The actor subsequently "chased" Israel to 9 East 91st Street, where officers took the alleged attacker into custody, according to police. Stuhlbarg "refused medical attention at the scene," police also said. Israel was charged with assault.
The incident occurred before Stuhlbarg was set to perform in the Broadway show "Patriots." The actor took the stage as planned on April 1, just one day after the assault occurred.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow, USA TODAY
veryGood! (2)
Related
- Jamie Foxx gets stitches after a glass is thrown at him during dinner in Beverly Hills
- 'Half American' explores how Black WWII servicemen were treated better abroad
- 2024 Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: No K-pop, little country and regional Mexican music
- Houseboats catch fire on a lake popular with tourists, killing 3 in Indian-controlled Kashmir
- Why we love Bear Pond Books, a ski town bookstore with a French bulldog 'Staff Pup'
- Claire Holt Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby No. 3 With Husband Andrew Joblon
- Lyrics can be used as evidence during Young Thug's trial on gang and racketeering charges
- Teachers in a Massachusetts town are striking over pay. Classes are cancelled for 5,500 students
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- Claire Holt Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby No. 3 With Husband Andrew Joblon
Ranking
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- Unpacking the Murder Conspiracy Case Involving Savannah Chrisley's Boyfriend Robert Shiver
- Judge in Trump documents case declines to delay trial for now
- Why Coleen Rooney Was Finally Ready to Tell the Whole Wagatha Christie Story
- From family road trips to travel woes: Americans are navigating skyrocketing holiday costs
- Suspected Islamic extremists holding about 30 ethnic Dogon men hostage after bus raid, leader says
- Kenya doomsday cult leader found guilty of illegal filming, but yet to be charged over mass deaths
- DOC NYC documentary film festival returns, both in-person and streaming
Recommendation
Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
Jezebel's parent company shuts down feminist news website after 16 years
Yellen says her talks with Chinese finance chief laid groundwork for Biden’s meeting with Xi
Grammys 2024 Snubs and Surprises: Barbie, Prince Harry, Miley Cyrus and More
Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
Pakistani police cracking down on migrants are arresting Afghan women and children, activists claim
A missile strike targets Kyiv as Russian train carriages derail due to ‘unauthorized interference’
Claire Holt Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby No. 3 With Husband Andrew Joblon