Current:Home > reviewsRekubit Exchange:Mississippi health department says some medical marijuana products are being retested for safety -Prime Capital Blueprint
Rekubit Exchange:Mississippi health department says some medical marijuana products are being retested for safety
Poinbank View
Date:2025-04-06 22:39:49
JACKSON,Rekubit Exchange Miss. (AP) — The Mississippi State Department of Health said Wednesday that “a large number” of medical marijuana products are on hold so they can be retested.
The department first issued the hold on Dec. 21.
A news release from the department said the products are being retested “to validate results related to the use of pesticides and presence of mycotoxins,” which are produced by fungi. No illnesses from the products have been reported, the department said.
The department is overseeing the new testing of the medical cannabis products in licensed testing facilities.
“Through the state’s seed-to-sale tracking system, the agency can isolate the batch and lot numbers associated with this administrative hold and expedite the retesting,” said Laura Goodson, director of the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program. “The tracking system is an invaluable tool to assist with regulatory compliance and overall product safety.”
Retesting is prioritized based on the type of medical cannabis products. Cannabis flower or bud was being tested first because it is the base for many of products, followed by concentrates and infused products.
The department said as batches of products are cleared, the hold on those will be lifted and the products will be back on the market.
veryGood! (6293)
Related
- Working Well: When holidays present rude customers, taking breaks and the high road preserve peace
- Putin meets with China's defense minister in Moscow
- Google Is Appealing A $5 Billion Antitrust Fine In The EU
- Leaked Pentagon docs show rift between U.S. and U.N. over Ukraine
- A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
- A lost hiker ignored rescuers' phone calls, thinking they were spam
- Erika Hamden: What does it take to send a telescope into the stratosphere?
- Whistleblower tells Congress that Facebook products harm kids and democracy
- 2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
- U.S. indicts 2 men behind major ransomware attacks
Ranking
- Why members of two of EPA's influential science advisory committees were let go
- FBI arrests Massachusetts airman Jack Teixeira in leaked documents probe
- Kendall Jenner and Bad Bunny Spotted Leaving Oscars 2023 After-Party Together
- Canadians Are Released After A Chinese Executive Resolves U.S. Criminal Charges
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Why the Salesforce CEO wants to redefine capitalism by pushing for social change
- Rihanna's Third Outfit Change at the Oscars Proved Her Pregnancy Fashion Is Unmatched
- Why Facebook and Instagram went down for hours on Monday
Recommendation
'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
Complaints about spam texts were up 146% last year. Now, the FCC wants to take action
Halle Bailey Proves She's a Disney Princess in Jaw-Dropping Oscars 2023 Gown
AI-generated song not by Drake and The Weeknd pulled off digital platforms
Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
Russian journalist Vladimir Kara-Murza sentenced to 25 years in prison for Ukraine war criticism
Prince Harry to attend King Charles' coronation without Meghan
Tiny Tech Tips: The Best Wireless Earbuds