Current:Home > ScamsKristin Cavallari explains split from 24-year-old boyfriend: 'One day he will thank me' -Prime Capital Blueprint
Kristin Cavallari explains split from 24-year-old boyfriend: 'One day he will thank me'
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 16:34:37
Kristin Cavallari is ready to talk about her breakup.
The Uncommon James founder, 37, opened up about her recent split from Mark Estes, 24, on Tuesday's episode of her "Let's Be Honest" podcast. Cavallari shared that she broke up with Estes because she realized "long term, it's not right," and she "started to feel" their 13-year age gap and differences in life experience.
While Cavallari said Estes has been the "best boyfriend I've ever had," she felt that "he needs to experience life."
"I look back (at) when I was 24 and how much life has happened for me in between then, and I mean, those are crucial years. Those are formative years. This is when you find yourself. And he needs to be able to do that."
Cavallari clarified this wasn't entirely a recent revelation, as she has "always been well aware" of their age gap. But she told listeners she looks at this romance as "probably the best relationship of my life" and is certain that Estes will "make someone so happy one day" and "have a beautiful family of his own."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Kristin Cavallarislams critics of her dating 24-year-old: 'They’re all up in arms'
"I know that one day, he will look back and he will understand it, and I actually think one day he will thank me," she said. "That's just hindsight that you don't have at age 24."
Cavallari first revealed her relationship with Estes earlier this year, when the two went Instagram official. "He makes me happy," she wrote at the time. The news sparked immediate criticism of their 13-year age gap, but Cavallari fired back with a TikTok video in which she mouthed the words, "So what are you gonna do about it?" She captioned the clip, "When they’re all up in arms that im dating a 24 year old. Andddd?"
Kristin Cavallari,Mark Estes and the sexist relationship age gap discourse
The "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County" star recently revealed news of her breakup during an appearance with "Call Her Daddy" host Alex Cooper, sharing that the split was "so fresh."
On Tuesday's podcast, Cavallari stressed the split wasn't because "something bad happened" between them, and she described these kinds of breakups as the hardest to deal with. "It's almost easier if the guy does something that makes you hate him," she said, whereas Estes has been "nothing but so sweet and so supportive."
Noting that the timing was "off" for them, she said Estes would be "perfect" for her if he were "45 and had two of his own kids."
But looking back on the situation, Cavallari said she has no regrets about any of it, including her decisions to go public with the relationship and introduce Estes to her children. She also expressed optimism that they will remain friends. For now, Cavallari has "no interest in getting back into the dating world."
The "Very Cavallari" star was previously married to quarterback Jay Cutler, with whom she shares three children. On her podcast in June, she shared that stress from being in an unhappy marriage caused her to become "very thin."
"I was skin and bones," she said. "I think I look so much better now. And you guys, that was just stress. That was being in a really unhappy marriage, quite honestly. I mean, literally. I was so unhappy."
Contributing: Jay Stahl
veryGood! (5619)
Related
- Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
- Woman gets 15 years to life in deaths of boyfriend, friend after 100 mph car crash into brick wall
- Russian space agency chief blames decades of inactivity for Luna-25 lander’s crash on the moon
- 2 men jump overboard when yacht goes up in flames off Maine coast
- Meet the volunteers risking their lives to deliver Christmas gifts to children in Haiti
- Nissan recalls 236,000 Sentras for problem that could cause loss of steering control
- 2nd person found dead in eastern Washington wildfires, hundreds of structures burned
- Charles Martinet, the voice of Nintendo's beloved Mario character, is stepping down
- McKinsey to pay $650 million after advising opioid maker on how to 'turbocharge' sales
- Ukraine’s Zelenskyy visits Athens to attend meeting of Balkan leaders with top EU officials
Ranking
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- Hawaii Gov. Josh Green calls ex-emergency manager's response utterly unsatisfactory to the world
- As rents and evictions rise across the country, more cities and states debate rent control
- Feel Comfy and Look Professional in These Sweatpants That Look Like Work Pants
- Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
- Free Disney World passes is latest front in war between Disney and DeSantis appointees
- Bazooka made a mint blowing bubbles. Now it's being snapped up for $700 million.
- 'Star Wars' exclusive: Read a Boba Fett excerpt from new 'Return of the Jedi' collection
Recommendation
A White House order claims to end 'censorship.' What does that mean?
How Trump’s attacks on prosecutors build on history of using racist language and stereotypes
'Just the beginning': How push for gun reform has spread across Tennessee ahead of special session
Las Vegas declares state of emergency ahead of Tropical Storm Hilary's impact
A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
Virginia man wins largest online instant lottery game in US history
Environmental groups sue to keep Virginia in Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
Joe Montana sees opportunity for NFL players to use No. 0, applauds Joe Burrow's integrity